Monday, March 30, 2009

What a small world we live in!


I have lived in a dozen cities or towns all over the country from Jacksonville, FL to Santa Monica, CA and I still have friends in all of those places. But Chaffee County, Colorado seems to be one of those mystical places that I run into people from my past.

When I moved here in the summer of 2006 I was amazed to find out that there were 2 of my classmates from high school that had also chosen Chaffee County as their home! I had graduated in 1980 from Air Academy High School in Colorado Springs. It is located on the Air Force Academy, so it goes to say that due to the military population of the school a lot of my fellow students ended up moving elsewhere or joined the armed forces and were stationed all over the world. It was such a remarkable thing to have Sam and Rich living here in this beautiful Arkansas Valley! They fell in love with this wonderful, little town just like I have!

Then, just last week, I received a call from and old friend from my middle school days in Louisville, KY. Stephanie and I had lost touch about 20 years ago. She was surprised to hear that I lived in Salida! She is a doctor in Louisville, but her husband and she have a home right around the corner! We had a reunion last Monday and will keep in touch from now on!
I know that this universe is unfolding as it should. I understand the pull that Salida has on people. It certainly is a magical place for me. I wonder who I’ll run into next!

No comments: